Monday 23 November 2009

Shakin' Stevens - The Epic Masters Box Set

Releleased: 13. November 2009
Format: Box-Set 10 CD's
Label: Sony Music

The Most Definitive CD Release From Shaky To Date..

All Tracks remastered 2009 !

"The Epic masters has finally arrived and without a shadow of a doubt it is truely stunning. Housed in a superb box, complete with mini album replicas and inner lining notes, a 20 page booklet and fully remastered, we get the nine main epic album releases with a bonus cd of 12" remixes. Cd 1 through to 10 is take one! It's cd debut, followed by this ole house, shaky ( 1st time on cd in the uk), give me your heart tonight (again 1st time on cd in the uk), the bop won't stop, lipstick powder & paint (1st time on cd), let's boogie, a whole lotta shaky, there are two kinds of music...rock 'n roll and a cd of 12" versions.

Many rare tracks and b-sides etc are included on the matching releases which just adds to the importance of this release. These tracks have been overlooked by Shaky himself and many of them have new tweaks and arrangements. This means something new and fresh to listen to for the fans.

The booklet contains great info and pictures of the discography that will take you down memory lane in the old days of vinyl.

The price of this box is a snip for the 147 tracks and love that has been poured into making this the ultimate Shaky experience.

If you think you've heard all these albums before then think again. This is a truely unique experience as you discover the retro sound all over again as never heard before"

At long last Epic give the Uk`s top charting artist of the 1980`s (4 number one singles) the box set he deserves and Shaky had a hand in compiling it too.

Personally a few more alts/unissued would be better than the 12" mix album, which is missing the great Viz sleeved I Might 12" (the only one I ever bought!!), great to get Apron Strings my fav flip at last
Mewwy Cwissmuss Evwyone

Flip

Tracks:

Disc 1: Take One!

1.Lovestruck
2.Hot Dog (Album Version)
3.Is A Bluebird Blue?
4.That’s All Right
5.Without A Love
6.Shame Shame Shame
7.Shotgun Boogie
8.I Got Burned
9.I Guess I Was A Fool
10.Ah, Poor Little Baby
11.Little Pigeon
12.Do What You Did
13.Apron Strings (Bonus Track)
14.Treat Her Right (Bonus Track)
15.No Other Baby (Bonus Track)
16.Endless Sleep (Bonus Track)
17.Fire (Bonus Track)
18.Spooky (Bonus Track)

Disc 2: This Ole House

1.Hey Mae
2.Baby If We Touch
3.Marie Marie
4.Lonely Blue Boy
5.Make It Right Tonight
6.Move
7.Slippin’ And Slidin’
8.Shooting Gallery
9.Revenue Man
10.Make Me Know You’re Mine
11.This Ole House
12.Nobody
13.Two Hearts Two Kisses (Bonus Track)

Disc 3: Shaky

1.Mona Lisa
2.You Drive Me Crazy
3.I’m Knockin’
4.It’s Raining
5.Don’t She Look Good
6.Green Door
7.Don’t Bug Me Baby
8.Don’t Tell Me Your Troubles
9.I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
10.This Time
11.Baby You’re A Child
12.Don’t Turn Your Back
13.Let Me Show You How
14.I’m Lookin’
15.You And I Were Meant To Be (Bonus Track)

Disc 4: Give Me Your Heart Tonight

1.Josephine
2.Give Me Your Heart Tonight
3.Sapphire
4.Oh Julie
5.I’ll Be Satisfied
6.Vanessa
7.Boppity Bop
8.Don’t Tell Me We’re Through
9.Shirley
10.You Never Talked About Me
11.Too Too Much
12. (Yeah) You’re Evil
13.Que Sera, Sera
14.I‘m For You (Bonus Track)
15.Thinkin’ Of You (Bonus Track)
16.Don’t Be Late (Miss Kate) (Bonus Track)
17.Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Live) (Bonus Track)

Disc 5: The Bop Won’t Stop

1.The Bop Won’t Stop
2.Why Do You Treat Me This Way?
3.Diddle I
4.Don’t Be Two Faced
5.Livin’ Lovin’ Wreck
6.A Rockin’ Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love) (Duet With Bonnie Tyler)
7.Brand New Man
8.Cry Just A Little Bit
9.As Long As
10.A Love Worth Waiting For
11.Love Me Tonight
12.It’s Late
13. It’s Good For You (Baby) (Bonus Track)
14.Your Ma Said You Cried In Your Sleep Last Night (Bonus Track)
15.A Letter To You (Bonus Track)
16.Come Back And Love Me (Bonus Track)

Disc 6: Lipstick Powder And Paint

1.Lipstick Powder And Paint
2.Bad Reputation
3.Don’t Lie To Me
4.I’m Leaving You
5.The Shape I’m In
6.Don’t Knock Upon My Door
7.Turning Away
8.Love You Out Loud
9.As Long As I Have You
10.With My Heart
11.Ain’t It A Shame (You Win Again)
12.So Long Baby Goodbye
13.Teardrops (Bonus Track)
14.You Shake Me Up (Bonus Track)
15.Breaking Up My Heart (Bonus Track)
16.I’ll Give You My Heart (Bonus Track)

Disc 7: Let’s Boogie

1.Come See About Me
2.Forever You
3.A Little Boogie Woogie (In The Back Of My Mind)
4.Because I Love You
5.What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For?
6.The Hits Keep Coming - Live Medley ’86: Cry Just A Little Bit / You Drive Me Crazy
/ A Rockin’ Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love) / Give Me Your Heart
Tonight / A Love Worth Waiting For / Green Door / I’ll Be Satisfied / A Letter To You /
Shirley / Oh Julie / It’s Late / Marie, Marie / It’s Raining / Hot Dog / Teardrops / This
Ole House
7.Tell Me One More Time (Bonus Track)
8.If You’re Gonna Cry (Bonus Track)

Disc 8: A Whole Lotta Shaky

1.What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For?
2.How Many Tears Can You Hide
3.Jezebel
4.Sea Of Love
5.True Love
6.Just One Look
7.Oh Julie
8.Do You Really Love Me Too
9.I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
10.Hello Josephine
11.Woman (What Have You Done To Me)
12.Heartbeat
13.Tired Of Toein’ The Line
14.Mona Lisa
15. Feel The Need In Me (Bonus Track)
16. If I Can’t Have You (Bonus Track)
17. If I Really Knew (Bonus Track)
18. Come On Little Girl (Bonus Track)
19. Jezebel (7” Re-Mix) (Bonus Track)

Disc 9: There Are Two Kinds Of Music – Rock N Roll

1.Love Attack
2.I Might
3.Yes I Do
4.You Shake Me Up
5.Tell Me
6.Tear It Up
7.My Cutie Cutie
8.The Night Time Is The Right Time
9.Pink Champagne
10.If I Lose You
11.Queen Of The Hop
12.Rockin’ The Night Away
13.Love Attack (Single Version) (Bonus Track)
14.Love Won’t Stop (Bonus Track)
15.Radio (Bonus Track)
16.Radio (Acoustic Version) (Bonus Track)
17.Oh Baby Don’t (Out-Take) (Bonus Track)

Disc 10: 12” CD

1.Cry Just A Little Bit (Luongo’s Mix)
2.Breaking Up My Heart
3.A Little Boogie Woogie (In The Back Of My Mind) (Boogie Mix)
4.Come See About Me (Extended Re-Mix)
5.Feel The Need In Me (Dance Mix)
6.How Many Tears Can You Hide (Dance Mix)
7.Jezebel (Monster Re-Mix)
8.Love Attack (Extended Version)

REVIEW TO FOLLOW

No comments: