Friday 13 March 2009

Rockin' Song of the Week - Number 50


Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear (RCA)

I don't know what happened here, but last night changed my mind completely about this song. It's always struck me as a bit of a kiddies song that was too cute to be of any substance. That's probably true, but for some reason, last night when it came on my iPod on random play, it just sounded so fantastic.

Elvis' voice is so engaging, it sounds more playful than the teddy bear, and if you forget the Loving You cowboy suit and just enjoy the vocals, I'm sure you'll love it to. Perhaps you do already, somebody did, it sold a million copies. He works in perfect tandom with the Jordannaires for a slice of magic that runs at less than two minutes.
Recommended listening: I believe he had a few records out - perhaps you might have heard them and got your favourites already!! If not, get back in your hole and turn the lights off.

No comments: