Wednesday 11 February 2009

Memphis Cats on youTube

Charlie Feathers - That Certain Female
Some crazy guy called Mike miming in the car to this Charlie Feathers anthem. Manic.

Sonny Burgess - We Wanna Boogie
Sonny Burgess & fellow pianist Kern Kennedy playin at High Rockabilly 2005 (Spain).

Billy Lee Riley - Pearly Lee - 20.10.07 Roermond NL
BILLY LEE RILEY with THE BELLHOPS (NL)!! front row footage

Carl Perkins- Blue Suede Shoes 1956
Prime time CP. hot version from the quartet that was faster thant eh single.

Eddie Bond - Slippin´In in Green Bay 2007.
Sadly too short a clip but the bright suit was enough to get me going.

Junior Thompson - Raw Deal on 78RPM
A milestone in rock history! 78rpm Memphis Rockabilly 1956! A very scarce record that definiates the rockabilly sound that came out from the small labels in the southern US in mid 50'swhat a great site to see this 78 spinning round as the legendary song balsts out of the speakers. Just wish it was my 78!

Hayden Thompson - Love My Baby
Original Sun Rockabilly Star at The Rhythm Riot 2006

Jack Earls & the Ragtime Wranglers - Take me to That Place
Live at the Rockabilly Rave Camber UK, October 2004.

Barbra Pittman - I'm getting better all the time
Ms Pittman at the Rave. This was the first time I saw this lady and unfortunately the last. At times she's excellent. That voice is still there wanting to rock! You also see a tiredness (is that the right word) in her voice. I'm glad I filmed this. Miss Mary Ann and Lynette Morgan look more than happy to supply backing vocals... great rocking version, and probably the first handclapping solo I've ever enjoyed.

Carl Mann - Mona Lisa/I´m Comin´ Home
Carl Mann rocking it up at Screaming Fest Saturday the 9th of June 2007.

Narvel Felts - My Babe - Green Bay 2005
That's Ashley Kingman from the Fly-Rite Boys on lead guitar.

Johnny Burnette - Hound Dog
From 1956 this is prime time Memphis rockabilly. no wonder the flying saucers were scared to land.

No comments: